Who Are Angel Gomes' Parents? Everything To Know About The Footballer

May 2024 ยท 3 minute read

Angel Gomes was brought up in a football-centric family by his parents since he was born.

The young Gomes created history as the youngest player to play for Manchester United in 2017 since Duncan Edwards in 1953.

He is also the first footballer born in the 2000s to appear in the Premier League. Gomes is currently signed to Lille as of August 2020 after his venture with Manchester United.

Manchester Evening News reports that Angel decided to leave MCU to get out of his comfort zone and look for challenges.

Who Are Angel Gomes' Parents?

Angel Gomes was born to his parents, Gil Gomes and his mother, whose identity details are still under the wraps.

He was born on August 31, 2000, to his supportive parents, who have pushed his football career.

Angel Gomes: "I was offered a great contract [from United], I had all my family and friends around me, but I decided that I was willing to sacrifice that to pursue a different path.โ€ [Independent] #mufc

โ€” The United Stand (@UnitedStandMUFC) November 27, 2020

Not to be surprised, the former Manchester United winger Nani is Angel's godfather. Angel's father, Gil, and Nani are friends as both are devoted to the Portuguese football team.

Born to a footballer father and having a world-renowned footballer as his godfather, Angel was born to play football.

All Football writes that Angel cites Nani's influence was "massive" during his growth as he was somebody he idolized.

Moreover, Angel grew up regularly meeting notable footballers such as Cristiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney to motivate his football passion, as seen on his Instagram.

Take A Look At: Who Assaulted Joe Gomez? Face and Leg Scar After England Sterling Fight

Meet Angel Gomes Father Gil Gomes And Mother

Angel Gomes's father, Gil Gomes, is a former footballer, having represented Portugal in international fields in under 21 leagues.

He played as a forward and gained notability after scoring a goal at the 1991 FIFA World Youth Championship with the Portuguese under-20 team, winning the match.

He represented Portugal till 1995 and moved to England after that. Gil was an active player till 2005, having represented Welwitschia, Hendon, Middlewich Town, Salford City, Hyde United, and New East Manchester for England.

[image-1]

On the other hand, little is known about Angel's mother and Gil's wife. Gil and his wife are known to have many children, including Gil.

In 2020, Angel opened up about his mother with Nation Scoops saying that she was a fan of T.B Joshua and she had taken him to the church for healing.

Both Gil and his wife are proud of Angel's football career and accomplishments at such a young age.

You May Also Be Interested In: Paul Woolston Had A Long Line Of Injuries In The Past, Goalkeeper Illness and Health Issues

Where Is Angel Gomes From? His Ethnicity And Nationality

Angel Gomes is originally from Edmonton, London, where he was born in 2000. Thus, he holds British nationality by default as he was born and raised there all along.

"My mother was a fan of T.B Joshua, she took me to the church for healing" - Angel Gomes https://t.co/3dwXdcVBta pic.twitter.com/IEsEJsw9hN

โ€” Nation Scoops (@nationscoops) June 16, 2020

However, he hails of Angolese ethnicity as his father is native to Angla. Gil Gomes was born in Luanda, Portuguese Angola, in Southwest Africa and he had moved to Portugal at a young age.

Gil had joined S.L. Benfica's youth club by the age of 14 and had grabbed opportunities to play football for his adopted homeland.

The Gomes family is now settled in happy family life in England, where Angel continues to grow in his career.

ncG1vNJzZmirmKTEo7XZnKarppWne6S7zGiuoaddlr%2BmecCnnp6kXZy8rrHSZqeaqpWjwbR5xK%2Bcq7Gknbavs4ytpmajnqTEbq3BqKytZaSdsm6yzqirm5mcobKz