Anita Pointer Cause Of Death The Singer Passed Away At 74

May 2024 · 3 minute read

On December 31, 2022, Anita Pointer died from cancer in her Los Angeles home.

According to her publicist, the Grammy Award-winning singer passed away on Saturday at her home, surrounded by her family in Beverly Hills, California, home.

Anita Pointer, a founding member of the renowned singing quartet, “The Pointer Sisters,” passed away at 74.

The family said in a statement: “While the loss of Anita deeply saddens us, we are comforted in knowing she is now with her daughter, Jada, and her sisters June and Bonnie, and at peace,”.

Since Anita is there, they claim, “heaven is now a wonderful, beautiful place. She was the one that kept all of us close and together for so long, and her love for our family will live on in each of us. Please respect our privacy during this period of grief and loss. Heaven is a more loving, beautiful place with Anita there.”

Although there was no cause of death in the letter, Pointer’s representative informed TMZ that she died after a “rather protracted and valiant battle with cancer.”

Anita Pointer, a well-known performer, rose to fame for her work as a singer-songwriter while a member of the band The Pointer Sisters. 

Twitter flooded with condolences after word of her passing spread. Following the news of her tragic passing, many of her followers expressed their sorrow and continued to send thoughts and condolences to her.

Her friends and coworkers also paid respect to her.

To the world, she was part of a chart topping trio with an arsenal of hits…to me she was my jr high school friend @DrGinaMalak’s bonus mom. Talented, kind and always a class act. Heartbroken by this loss. Rest well Miss Anita. #AnitaPointer #ThePointerSisters pic.twitter.com/KSyEFmLx1D

— Lonnell Williams (@3LWTV) January 1, 2023

Wouldn’t even know where to begin talking about the rarely epic talent that was Anita Pointer & The Pointer Sisters, as a whole.

I want to ‘point’ out that their first Anita-led hit from their 1973 debut album, “Yes We Can Can,” was a song about women’s rights. 🎧

RIP Queen 👑 pic.twitter.com/ujxB5tYlzv

— The Astute Galoot (@TheAstuteGaloot) January 1, 2023

R.I.P. to Anita Pointer of The Pointer Sisters. The Grammy-winning star died today at 74. No cause given. Group’s hits include “Jump,” “Neutron Dance” and “I’m So Excited.” May she R.I.P. pic.twitter.com/UgV85xYxl1

— George Pennacchio (@abc7george) January 1, 2023

Anita’s family member’s death 

Anita’s sisters and her daughter also died before she left this world. The Pointer Sisters were created in 1969 by Anita, Bonnie, and June Pointer. Their older sister Ruth joined in 1972, and now all three original members have passed away.

Her two other sisters, Bonnie who helped start the band in the late 1960s, and her other sister June, died in 2006 and 2020, respectively.

Anita’s daughter Jada, who served as the inspiration for their 1973 song “Jada,” died in 2003 after a battle with pancreatic cancer. Following Jada’s passing, Anita brought up Roxie.

Life overview

American singer-songwriter Anita Marie Pointer is best known for being a founding member of the singing group the Pointer Sisters. The Pointer Sisters, a duo, were created in 1969 by Bonnie and June Pointer.

Anita Pointer eventually joined the group format. Before they hit their commercial apex, the group was a trio before sister Ruth converted it into a quarter in 1972.

The Oakland, California, church where their father served as the pastor is claimed to have been where the talented sisters first picked up singing. The Pointer Sisters’ first hit song was featured on their debut album from 1973.

Their second release was in 1982; other successful songs were “Fire,” which was released in 1978, “He’s So Shy,” “Slow Hand,” “Neutron Dance,” and “Automatic and Jump.“

Three Grammy Awards were given to The Pointer Sisters throughout their career.

ncG1vNJzZmivp6x7t7XZmpqaZpOkunCtzaKrmmWgpLavwMSrZJyZpaiybrvFZpuemaSdfA%3D%3D