Tyla Disses American Accent During Video Interview, Netizens Stan Her Shade: She Is So Free

May 2024 ยท 2 minute read

Johannesburg-born international singer Tyla left South Africans beaming with pride after she gracefully put some Americans in their place, subtly dissing their accent when they asked about hers.

Tyla has been trending the past few days after having some race and culture debates with the Americans, with some refusing to call her a coloured.

Tyla shares her opinions on the American accent in radio interview

She was recorded speaking live in a radio interview when she humorously told her hosts that they sounded like a movie and that their accent was heavy when they asked about hers.

PAY ATTENTION: Watch the hottest celebrity stories on our YouTube channel 'Briefly TV'. Subscribe now!

The video was posted by Twitter (X app) user @ThisIsColbert, and he captioned it:

"Tyla speaks on American accent: 'You guys have a very heavy accent, you sound like I'm watching a movie'. Tyla & Thuso Mbedu accent sparks debate, most drag actress for FAKING American accent while singer kept it local."

Check out the video below:

Netizens stan Tyla's proudly South African accent

Netizens were proud to hear Tyla continuing with her coloured accent despite being criticised in the US. Here are the comments below:

@Ndake_nkj said:

"It's the constant 'yoh' for me, proudly!"

@g4swater was sold:

"I'm gonna start to listen to her music now. She's so real, I wish these SAns who wanna be American learn from her."

@terrorpk1 imagined:

"Tyla sounds like a cool and funny person to be around."

@Nala_Denga agreed:

"Tyla is so loveable and free, she is so herself."

@lungelo_malindi predicted:

"Sounds like she's gonna be such a good troll as she grows older."

@rogue_A_gent was convinced:

"The singer will not appear in American movies."

American comedian trolls Unathi Nkayi's throwback picture

In other entertainment stories on Briefly News, netizens came to Unithi Nkayi's defence when an American comedian came for her old photo.

This followed after a fake tabloid report said her ex-husband divorced her on their honeymoon after seeing her for the first time without makeup, putting her old and recent pictures side by side.

ncG1vNJzZmiaop6yp7jYZ5qoZqqWfKa6056prZmZo7qmutNomp6klZe%2FqsDInqpoaWdphHiBjK2wpZldqLWivsSsZK2gn6q0qcDSZpimnaKesKK6jJqanJ2eqXq3tcOepmahnqmys8LInq5o