Keke Palmer Seeks Private Mediation Amid Custody Battle and Allegations Against Ex-Darius Jackson

May 2024 · 4 minute read

Jackson, real name Darius Daulton, is employed in the entertainment and fitness sectors.

A fitness bio claims that Jackson played multiple sports growing up and went to Fresno State University on a football scholarship, even though nothing is known about his early life.

Jackson stated in the same profile that he enjoys “catching up on sleep on the weekends, then checking in to see what I can get myself into, whether it is going to the movies or hanging out with friends and family.”

On social media, he maintains a modest profile but occasionally shares pictures of himself acting and traveling.

According to his Inspire Fitness bio, Jackson “received a certificate in broadcasting” and was considering “pursuing his career” in sports media before entering the entertainment industry.

Jackson also dabbled in YouTube, where his channel once attracted 19,000 subscribers. 

He’s teased on his Instagram a few acting projects he’s been working on recently, including “Dawn of the Predator.” According to his IMDb page, he appeared on a show called “Games People Play” in 2019.

When and how did Keke Palmer and Darius Jackson meet?

Palmer and Jackson kept their relationship quiet after they were reportedly introduced at Rae and Diddy’s Memorial Day party in May 2021 following the “True Jackson, VP” alum’s brief cameo in a Season 5 episode of “Insecure.”

In August 2021, they formally became Instagram stars, but fans soon discovered that in the spring of 2022, both of them had removed all of their joint photos.

Jackson stated in a since-deleted post, “You have been a blessing from above.” “Summer 2021 turned out differently than I had anticipated, but here we are. I’m glad we were able to help each other through our lowest times.

Keke Palmer Files for Private Mediation of Darius Jackson’s Custody Battle

Keke Palmer filed for a restraining order against her ex-boyfriend Darius Jackson last month, claiming that during their two years together, he mistreated her physically and psychologically. Additionally, Palmer is asking for sole custody of their 8-month-old son, Leodis.  

However, Palmer and Jackson are currently privately mediating their custody agreement and have asked that the restraining order hearing be postponed, several weeks after Palmer’s initial filing.

Palmer claims in the initial restraining order application that there were “many instances of physical violence” between them, such as when Jackson “grabbed me around the neck, destroyed my personal property, including diaries and prescription eyeglasses, threw my belongings into the street, threw my car keys to prevent me from driving away, and hit me in front of our son.

The former couple agrees that all orders contained in the Temporary Restraining Order issued on November 9, 2023, shall remain in full force and effect until the hearing.

The latest round of court documents states that Palmer and Jackson started mediation on Wednesday. The ex-couples have decided to stay in contact at an as-yet-unspecified “mutually agreeable date.”

In their most recent filing, Palmer and Jackson are asking the court to postpone the restraining order hearing so they can work out a private custody plan.

Although the relationship ended in October, Palmer alleges that the abuse did not. “Darius trespassed into my home and stole my phone when I told him I was going to call the police,” she claims, just before the restraining order was filed.

The filing allegedly contains screenshots of security camera footage showing a man hitting a woman over a sofa.

Palmer claims that Jackson “body slammed [her] onto the stairs by her neck” in a different abuse incident that she claims happened in February 2022.

Palmer was accused of flirting with a woman by Jackson, who allegedly lost his temper with her two months later when they were at a restaurant. As a result, Palmer and Jackson left. 

Palmer claims there was more than just physical abuse. If I talked to one person for too long or looked at someone a certain way’ at a party or event, Darius had a habit of deceiving me into thinking I was doing something improper when in reality I wasn’t.”

ncG1vNJzZmiolZq9tMPIs2Wcp51ktbC4y7KuqKeUZLimt8Rmp5qknZq%2Fbr%2FEnqKsZaCntret055kpp2Unq61tc6nZJqlmZl6pMHSraadsV2XrrXAy55kmqaUYq6tuMSgmK2hn6PAbq3GmqCnq6Risrl5w5qpoq2jYreir8qspqdn